Our oral health care experts at Monroe Family Dentistry would like to wish you and your loved ones a healthy and happy holiday season. If you are planning on indulging in the many merry joys of the season, be sure to exercise caution to avoid any oral accidents or unnecessary damage to your teeth.
We hope you continue to keep your teeth bright and healthy this season. Below are 6 helpful hints for having a happy holiday season:
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Visit your dentist at Monroe Family Dentistry for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Eat healthy.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Monroe Family Dentistry is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Jeremy Dull, call us at 734-241-6550, or drop by our office in Monroe, Michigan. Have a very merry holiday season!